Tuesday 12 April 2011

20 Questions......

One of my very favourite bloggers Caribbean Princess has tagged me for 20 Questions. So here goes!!

The Flexible quiz rules


Rule 1- The tagged person must write their answers on their blog and replace any questions they dislike with one formulated by themselves.

Rule 2- Tag 4 people to do this quiz. They cannot refuse (although there is nothing to stop them refusing). The tag-ee must state who tagged them.

Ok so let's get started.


1. Name 3 things you are looking forward to
  1. Hearing Mr P's consultant say "All Clear" fingers crossed that one comes soon
  2. My summer festival season - Isle of Wight and Glastonbury here I come
  3. Having a London mini break with my lovely Mother to see Take That at Wembley Stadium (and have afternoon tea somewhere posh too hopefully)
2. If you could have a dream come through what would it be?

To eradicate Cancer from the planet. I've lost my Dad, Aunt, Grandparents to this evil disease and having watch my lovely Mr P battle it recently I think it is time remove this stain from the earth.

3. What would you do with a billion dollars?

Ooh now I would make sure that all my family and friends were ok and then I'd like to travel for a while, buy a penthouse in New York and spend time mentoring young people to achieving their dreams. Then I'd retire by the sea running my own little cake, handbag and Filofax shop. Bliss

4. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?

Listening to very loud music, talking to my friends, blogging out my rage and Mr P as he can always make me laugh. Thankfully my dark moods don't last long as I think generally I'm the luckiest person I know to have my health, a good job, friends and of course my Filofax family (oh and Mr P of course hehe)
5. What is your bedtime routine?

7pm arrive home from work
7-8pm cook and eat dinner
8-10pm watch TV, blog reading, magazine reading, gossiping on the phone
10-11pm if not asleep on sofa (it's just so comfy) I out my ablutions and zzzzzzzzzzz

6. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your significant other?

Through a dating website that a friend of mine put me on in an attempt to find a good man for me. She succeeded. He was my first and only date from the website and was pretty much the perfect match (if only I could convince him to use a Filofax that is)

7. What kinds of books do you read?

Crime novels (like Girl Who Played With Fire) Autobiographies (Alan Sugar and Michael J Fox particular faves) and Chick Lit for a bit of escapism romance


8. How do you see yourself in 10 years?

Hopefully still happily with Mr P (maybe even becoming Mrs P if I'm lucky), I'll still living by the seaside


9. What's your fear?

Other than loosing those close to me, my biggest fear has to be spiders, and I'm not keen on flying (how do the planes stay in the air????)

10. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space?

Absolutely. I would LOVE to go into space. When I was a child I wanted to join Starfleet and serve aboard the Enterprise...

11. What's the first thing you do when you wake up?

Snooze my alarm at least 3 times (sorry Mr P!)

12. If you could change one thing about your significant other what would it be?

The only thing I can think to change on my darling man is his utterly annoying ability to be able to repeat parrot fashion back to me what I've just said when I know full well he isn't really listening. Infuriating is not the world!!!

13. If you could pick a new name for yourself what would it be?

As I'm named after a Beatles song I don't think my name can be beat, even if it does seem to be a very popular name for Puppy Dogs recently, so with that in mind maybe I'd choose the name Lily. Love the name, although if I were called Lily it would rule out taking Mr P's name - Lily Putt (Lilliput) I mean really?
14. If you could choose between 6 months of sun or 6 months of rain, what would you choose?

Um is this a trick question that I don't get? Absolutely the sunshine! Can you imagine 6 whole months, in the UK? Standpipes and hosepipe bans at the ready!

15. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months what would it be?

Pasta (assuming I could have different sauces with it...)

16. What do you enjoy about blogging the most?

When people comment, I still can't believe anyone actually spends precious minutes reading my ramblings.


17. Do you prefer salty or sweet foods?

Probably salty as I'd find it harder to give up crisps than chocolate...or then again. Um. I love all food!

18. What items are in your handbag right now?

Ooh ok tardis alert - mobile phone, Filofax, purse, pencil case, earphones for iPhone, keys, lipbalm, 3 lip glosses, make up bag, tissues, ibuprofen, cold and flu tablets,


19. If you had to choose between vacationing on a beach or on mountains, which would you choose?

Normally the beach but my next "big" holiday is to be skiing hopefully so that is more mountains based I guess...

20. What do you watch on television that you know you shouldn't?

Any crime dramas - as they give me nightmares I'm such a wimp!
Ok so here are the 4 blogs I am tagging as I am totally addicted to them:

  • Shopaholly who worked out she wanted to try a new life and saved up (hello savings what are those?) to be able to finance it through clever thrifting, inspirational blog and so well written 
  • Lulu's LaLa Life the often tea spittingly funny but brutally honest blog of a yummy mummy
  • Lauren Loves a wonderful hotchpotch of fashion, make up and hard hitting posts. Always makes me smile (oh and want to shop to)
  • Sputtster's Ramblings ok so this is Mr P's blog but even though he is new to blogging he writes so well about things that he hasn't mentioned before that I love reading his posts as I find out even more about him
So there we go even more bizarre yet boring facts about moi but some really good bloggers to check out if you've not read them yet!

Lx

2 comments:

  1. Very nice post. I love these memes :-) Number 12 made me smile, my boyfriend is exactly the same, so I know the pain! I'm sending you lots and lots of positive thoughts for Mr P's "All clear" results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks for doing it. I wish DH could repeat parrot fashion what I just said. He doesn't so I KNOW for certain he is NOT LISTENING!!
    I am looking forward to Mr P's all clear too. He sounds like such a lovely man and a definite keeper. You are the second person I know who found true love via a dating website! Hehe.
    And as for point 16, I spend many happy minutes reading your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete