Saturday 24 March 2012

What's in my bag - Spring edition

Super Sunny Weymouth Harbour
So it feels like Spring has most definitely sprung in Weymouth today and its blooming lovely! Determined to make the most of it I ventured out for a walk into town to run some errands which were followed up by a spot of lunch with some friends - bliss! But of course a summery day calls for summery clothing so after rocking the rolled up jeans, vest, bright cardigan and FLIP FLOPS look -finally it is warm enough for bare feet...how I've missed my Havaianas (if you've not heard of Havaianas the are THE most comfortable flip flops in the world and they come in a massive range of colours and are really reasonable!) it also felt like time to start sporting a more summery bag.

Can you guess what kind of bag it is yet?

So out came my Mulberry Jody tote bag - which is in fact 2 bags in one! I've had this bag nearly 4 years, it was my splurge purchase to celebrate when I quit my old London life and decided to move to the seaside and start Loulou's Life Phase 2!


It is the softest leather and can be used as either a large hand/elbow crook carried bag or if it's not stuffed to the gills you can fold the top over and buckle the straps and use the shoulder strap instead. (You can see some better photos here)



The inside lining is a really cute pinstripe so you can see everything really easily as its not a dark black cave like many of my handbags.


Then there are the usual inside zip pocket and mobile phone pocket plus on the outside there are 2 pockets on each end of the bag secured by popper fastenings..very handy for easy keys/phone access.

Super cute mini pockets
It really is a super lovely bag.

Anyway as I was only walking into town I didn't need to take too much with me so it was just the following:




Malden Filofax
Kindle (in case from Tesco)
Purse (Ted Baker gift from Mr P)
Mini purse (Celia Birtwell for Boots - holds essentials like lens wipes, spare contacts etc)
Marc by Marc Jacobs re-useable shopping bag
Pack of tissues
Soap and Glory hand cream
Cherry chapstick
Orange Frixion pen (such a happy colour)

So that's my lot - barely anything for me!!

Happy Spring to you all hope you all have sunny weather like us

Lx

4 comments:

  1. Love this bad!!! And is that a new filo I spy? Ha ha ha!!! It is lovely!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... a purple Malden... what do you think of it? Has the Enigma has been retired?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love that bag! I'll have to save it into my "someday purchases" category :)

    And, because I love your musings so much, check out my blog for a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep meaning to buy a pair of Havianas. I must this year!!

    ReplyDelete